Winter carp fishingDave with a fine 20 caught in the snow
Call it mad but last week I decided to have a days fishing here at Lac du Val.
Enduring -1 to -2 °C freezing snow, with eyes and nose running both at the same time I managed to catch 3 nice carp and Terry my pal managed 2.  So 2 x thirties and 3 x twenties – not a bad result I’d say!
Sausage butties and Ovaltine provided by Sammy did make things a little more human!
Also with thanks to our new bait.  Believe me lads carp do still feed in cold water.  I have tested this by feeding our carp once a week in the margins, where I could see if it disapeared.  And it did! So I shall be out again this weekend…. wish me luck!
Ps; Yesterday Sammy and I went out and bought a new flat screen TV and Dvd for the lakeside dinning room.
Best Regards, David & Sammy