This post first appeared on the Quest Baits Blog & is reproduced with kind permission.
Hi Shaun,
I have been using your bait for a couple of years now & I’m going to Margot on 20th April next year.  I was wondering if you could give me any idea what worked well out there for you… if it was just boilies or pellets introduced worked its magic too.  There doesn’t seem to be many blogs which help!
Many thanks, Roy
Shaun Harrison Answers:
Hi Roy,
It is a few years now since I visited Margot but the winning method for me was a wide scattering of 10mm boilies of mixed flavours (I actually mixed every flavour and colour we do) and bulked that out with Garlic Feast too. I fished 3 rods on the same baited area with different set-ups to start with – pop up, bottom bait and snow man.
Most of the takes that week fell to a snowman set up with different flavour combinations but the Special Crab did appear to shine through that week.
I was baiting with around 2kg of 10mm’s and 5kg of Garlic Feast each afternoon and sprinkling the odd catapult pouch of boilies over the top at intervals too. This was around August time from memory so the weather and water temperature will possibly be a little cooler when you are there but not significantly different.
Certainly the mixed bed of different colour and different food signals is something that has worked well for me on a lot of waters.
I would have thought that Angling Lines would have some up to date news if you check their website and blog. They usually keep them up-dated. Like I say it is a while since I went but the above methods produced around 70 fish for me that week.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes, Shaun Harrison